To inquire about posting an open position to the career board, please email email@example.com or call 760.835.9884 x702.
For assistance in structuring a new position or compensation package, we invite you to connect with our Career Development team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 760.835.9884 x700.
Membership Sales Marketing
Posted By PCMA Admin,
1 hour ago
|Director of Membership Sales and Marketing
California Yacht Club
Marina del Rey, CA
Job Offered: Director of Membership Sales and Marketing
Location: Marina del Rey, California
Reports to: The General Manager
Supervises: The Membership Administrative Assistant.
California Yacht Club (CYC) is searching for an innovative and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about sales within the hospitality industry. A professional and who has a courteous and friendly demeanor to interact with Club members, other team members, and prospective new members. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and management skills with a strong track record membership recruitment, development, retention, and all other facets of membership sales. He or she must provide a strong level of member service as well as providing value to our members.
Located in beautiful Marina del Rey, California Yacht Club is recognized as a Platinum Club of America as one of the leading yacht clubs. Founded in 1922, the club is known for its hospitality not only to its own club members but to visiting members from clubs world-wide. CYC has hosted numerous boating events including world and national championships. The club controls and operates approximately 300 boat slips ranging from 25 to 100 feet. CYC has a strong junior program and maintains a fleet of club owned boats that members can use.
Basic Function & Scope
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of membership sales and marketing with a focus to increase Club membership.
The Director is responsible for the marketing strategy, advertising, on and offsite promotion, social media and budget for the Membership Department. Primary sales person in receiving phone, email and walk-in leads, leading Club tours and coordinating with the membership committee.
- Arrive at work in accordance to the post hours of the Membership Department. Business attire as described in the Employee handbook.
- Greet members by name as you come across them within the Club.
- Select and train the Administrative Assistant in the procedure of the Membership Department, use of North Star, the Roster, and reciprocal clubs.
- Conduct a monthly training in the standards and procedures of the membership department as well as monthly safety training.
- Write and give an annual performance review of your direct report.
- Attend weekly department meeting, annual manager training (LAAC), first aid training and monthly safety training.
- Give Club tours to prospective members either by appointment or walk-ins.
- Field membership inquires via email, phone calls and walk-in requests.
- Email and mail membership information and packets to interested parties.
- Create and develop an on-going marketing strategy incorporating internal and external marketing promotions.
- Create and maintain social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) accounts. Post every 3-4 days rotating topics between general Club activities, young kids, sailing, upcoming events, power boats and rowing. Like, comment, tag and follow members, prospective members, local businesses, and other boating related accounts to drive traffic to our account and website.
- Walk property 1-2 times a day to interact with members and continue to build relationships. Take photos of any activities, events, or members in general for social media, the website archives, ect.
- Design and create flyers for membership events sponsored by the Membership Department and post to CYC website calendar.
- Have a general awareness of Club events and activities going on each week to answer member questions.
- Coordinate monthly prospective new member meetings.
- Create prospective new member packets for membership committee, staff and welcome committee.
- Arrange member sponsors for qualified prospective new members who don’t already have sponsors through introductions via the welcome committee.
- Send prospective new members applications to the Accounting Department to run credit checks.
- Notify previous month’s prospective members when they have been accepted for membership and send next steps for finalizing their membership. Send Welcome letters and any additional Club promotional coupons.
- Attend community events and social functions to network with other members of the community for prospective new members or partnerships. Meet with community members or organizations who may want to bring groups or businesses to have events here to work together and attract our target demographic. Attend boat show or local events incorporating things relevant to the boating world.
- Maintain the Membership section of the CYC website.
- Attend 1-2 Club events each month to continue building relationships with existing CYC members.
- Submit expense report for monthly expenses for membership department.
- Create membership promotional and supply budget. Evaluate previous year’s programs and promotion and decides what to incorporate or change for the following year. Update marketing materials.
- Attend educational seminars or conferences related to the membership in private clubs.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- College Graduate with preference in Marketing.
- Must be able to communicate in English; reading, writing (composing using good composition and business style) and the ability to speak clearly.
- Must have good computer skills and knowledge of Excel, Word and Access.
- Must have the ability to learn how to maintain records in North Star.
- Must have the ability to answer the phone and help customers and guests, often simultaneously.
- Must know how to use social media.
- Courteous, professional and business-like appearance, demeanor and behavior.
- Ability to show up for work on time prepared to work.
- Ability to interact well with co-workers, Members and guests.
- Ability to understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Ability to lift 15 lbs. to the waist. Ability to reach, twist, and bend.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K.
To apply, please forward your resume to: email@example.com
The California Yacht Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please no phone calls and no solicitation from third party employment vendors.
Membership Sales Marketing
Posted By PCMA Admin,
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
|Member Relations Coordinator/Administration
Isla Del Sol Yacht & Country Club
St. Petersburg, FL
The Member Relations Coordinator/Administration builds relationships and is instrumental in driving the membership initiative. The Member Relations Coordinator/Administration also oversees internal and external communications at the Club.
Good computer skills, true willingness to please, self motivated, patient and independent worker. Adaptability to ever changing work environment. Assisting Membership Director with new member enrollments and orientations. Website Maintenance, club newsletter, social media ( facebook, twitter, instagram, etc.) and Jonas Club Software. Strong oral and written communication skills a must. Answering phones and emails along with other administrative duties.
NO phone calls please.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted By PCMA Admin,
Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Updated: Wednesday, September 11, 2019
| Comments (0)
Membership & Communication Director
Glen Oak Country Club
Glen Ellyn, IL
We are seeking a marketing and communications professional to lead the development and implementation of all membership programs, projects and activities. Working closely with the Membership Committee and its Chairmen, this individual will be responsible for the marketing and recruitment of members. This successful candidate will also take ownership of the planning, development and execution of Club’s communications strategy. This individual will work under the direction of the General Manager and will interface with the Club’s Board of Directors.
Membership Marketing - Key responsibilities include:
- Take a lead role in the development of the annual membership operating plan.
- Develop and implement prospective member recruitment programs and initiatives.
- Build and maintain qualified prospect list using Club’s CRM database, and consistently communicate with qualified prospects generating new members.
- Serve as the focal point for all membership inquiries and guide prospective members through the application process.
- Provide Club tours for prospective members and effectively articulate the benefits of membership and all associated costs and fees.
- Coordinate and conduct new member orientations.
- Attend and participate in Board of Directors meetings. Prepare data and develop membership-related reports for applicable parts of the budget and membership goals pertinent to the Board.
- Maintain a high level of visibility and develop strong relationships with current members working to limit attrition, and keep members engaged and supportive of the Club.
- Become an ambassador for the Club and heighten brand awareness within the community by networking and building relationships with organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce, Newcomers Club and local realtors.
- Maintain the Club's database (membership information), keeping current on membership resignations, transfers, address & contact information. Regularly inform all departments of any changes in membership status.
- Provide notices and agenda for club’s membership committee; issue invites to and attend monthly meetings, and maintain minutes of the club’s membership committee.
Communications - Key communications-related responsibilities include:
- Understand the Club’s brand and promote the brand in all forms of communication.
- Manage the Club’s social media presence, messaging and brand strategy across all social platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram)
- Take ownership of the Club’s website and mobile app; providing continual updates of the public and private content for the benefit of our existing and perspective members.
- Compile content and create layout for monthly internal newsletter. Writes various internal and external communications for email, web, and provides copyediting or proofreading when appropriate.
- Design internal and external communication pieces such as informational/promotional flyers, posters and brochures.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior project and time management skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and service oriented. Is responsive and has ability to foster relationships. Enjoys working with different personalities and can adapt/accommodate to others’ working styles to achieve the desired goals and objectives.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be technologically proficient with strong internet and social media marketing skills.
- Proficient in programs such as Microsoft office, Content Management, Email Marketing and CRM Software programs.
- Basic graphic design skills; understanding of graphics programs (like Adobe InDesign) preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, communications or hospitality management preferred.
- 2-5 years related experience. Previous country club, membership organization or golf industry experience would be viewed positively.
Compensation and Benefits
- A competitive base salary and performance-based bonus
- Medical, Health, dental, basic life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Vacation and Paid time off
- Employee meals
- Continuing Education
- Dynamic and fun work environment
Glen Oak Country Club is a member owned, private 18-hole golf and country club offering exceptional golf, dining, social and recreational experiences. We pride ourselves in the high caliber individuals who make up our staff. A salute to the courses of yesteryear, Glen Oak’s traditional golf course is beautifully lined with mature trees, and vivid green fairways. Renowned for its impeccable condition and the speed of the greens, the scenic golf experience at Glen Oak is challenging, exciting and truly memorable. Glen Oak strives to be a club that today’s active families can enjoy. The inclusive atmosphere and well-attended, year round social events make Glen Oak a great place to establish traditions and create lifelong memories of friendship and fun.
Qualified candidates should respond with a resume, cover letter and three professional references to:
Jim Cardamone, CCM
Glen Oak Country Club