To inquire about posting an open position to the career board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 760.835.9884 x702.
For assistance in structuring a new position or compensation package, we invite you to connect with our Career Development team by emailing email@example.com or calling 760.835.9884 x700.
Posted By PCMA Admin,
Saturday, January 25, 2020
Updated: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Membership & Marketing Director
North Ridge Country Club
Located on nearly 400 acres of rolling, wooded terrain in Raleigh, North Carolina, the impressive complex and grounds of North Ridge Country Club offer exceptional social and recreational opportunities for our members, their families and guests. The two 18-hole golf courses, aptly named Lakes and Oaks, were designed by Gene Hamm and George Cobb, and have recently been remodeled to assure challenge and playability for golfers of all skill levels. Within the stately 70,000 square foot clubhouse, the club offers updated and unique experiences from fine dining to lunch with lattes. The North Ridge campus offers tennis, pickle ball, fitness center, golf learning center and a new resort style pool complex with an inviting family-size pool, splash pad clubhouse and a southern style family atmosphere.
Total Members: 1050 families
Gross Revenue: $12 Mil
F and B Income: $3.5 Mil
# of Staff in Full Season: 200+
Sell and market Club memberships; strategize, develop and implement programs, projects, and activities designed to increase and retain membership in the Club. Manage and supervise Club event activities which enhance the membership experience. Represent the Club in its relationships with numerous external constituencies.
- Coordinate with Membership Committee, Ambassador Committee, Board of Governors, and GM/COO to develop comprehensive marketing campaigns to attract new members to the NRCC family
- Lead prospective members through the process of becoming a NRCC member
- Diligently track each new member during their first twelve months to ensure they are getting the most out of their membership experience
- Handle all inquiries regarding new member applications, status change requests, and resignations
- Maintain and Compile all necessary membership documents for pertinent committees and Board
- Seek new avenues for the promotion of NRCC both internally and externally
- Maintain and monitor usage data for all members to identify any retention issues among our established membership
- Develop and maintain programs to keep existing members engaged with NRCC throughout their membership journey
- Maintain a high level of visibility and interactions with members and guests to determine their level of satisfaction with the Club’s current offerings and identify new services and programs that are of interest to them
- Present during Club operating hours and special events to assist in meeting/greeting members and guests
- Provide sales, member relations, and other applicable training to staff members
- Interacts with local Chamber of Commerce and other community organizations to network and market the Club
Ideal Candidate will possess the following traits
- Ability to carry on conversations with many different personalities with a knack for ‘small talk’
- A team player who understands that their success lies in elevating others
- Experience with member data mining and ability to create tangible reports and presentations from data
- Use of CRM programs (experience with multiple Club software systems a plus)
- Experience with special event planning and member programming
- Strong social media skills
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Organization and time management skills
- A sense of humor is a big plus
The Membership and Marketing Director shall report to the General Manager/COO and works closely with all Department Heads in the service of our membership.
Salary and commission structure are open and commensurate with experience. The Club offers a competitive benefits package.
Samantha Leake, Executive Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-846-9667, ext. 288
Posted By Administration,
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
Membership & Communications Director
Lauderdale Yacht Club
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Lauderdale Yacht Club, located in Southeast Florida, is Member-owned and familyfocused. We are currently under construction of our new clubhouse anticipated to open later summer, 2020. Our membership of approximately 1000 members enjoys several dining options throughout the week and year whether it is themed dining nights, holiday events or just a casual lunch or intimate dinner in one of our several dining rooms.
Develop and implement programs, projects and activities designed to increase and retain membership in the club. Represent the club with external constituencies. Coordinate the development and production of the club’s newsletter (Mainsheet), press releases and other internal and external written communications.
- Responsible for the membership process including membership development, inquiries, prospective member tours, and on-boarding of new members.
- Works with sponsors thru application process. Maintains confidentiality of all member information. Oversees completion of Membership folder and communicates concerns and shortcomings to Secretary and Membership Committee.
- Develops and ensures established procedures for processing prospective members’ applications are consistently followed.
- Maintains the club’s member database (Northstar).
- Plans and implements strategies to meet club membership goals.
- Processes requests for and transfers of membership.
- Holds prospective member functions.
- Reports approved new members to Director of Finance to initiate administration of their memberships; ensures applications are completely and properly filled out, initiation fees are collected, and new members understand privileges and costs.
- Processes member resignations; develops reports and undertakes special projects as applicable if membership retention problems arise.
- Assesses need for and makes recommendation regarding membership classifications.
- Tracks the success and overall performance of all membership activities.
- Maintains a file of club history information.
- Develop schedule for Board of Governor and House Committee Meetings, create and distribute monthly agendas for meetings, ensure proper setup of meeting rooms, attend and type meeting minutes.
- Engages active members to make referrals and to assist with recruitment efforts.
- Oversees administration of membership rules and regulations to ensure consistency in interpretation and application; updates club rules and regulations and keeps members informed of changes.
- Responsible for all correspondence to members regarding rules infractions.
- Maintains a presence during club operating hours and events to assist in meeting and greeting members and guests.
- Responsible for participation in member events and managing event reservations and assisting front desk as needed with event check in.
- Surveys other clubs for information useful in setting and revising club membership policies (Private Club Marketing Association).
- Develops and coordinates the club’s publicity efforts.
- Supervises development of the club’s internal communications program.
- Promotes club activities using table tents, newsletters, direct mail flyers, notices on club website, social media platforms and other means.
- Develops e-mail campaigns and mailings with guidance from the General Manager, other Department Heads and Committee Chairs.
- Manages the Club’s social media presence, messaging and brand strategy for all social platforms.
- Writes, compiles or edits all club newsletter articles; collects, organizes and submits all copy for production on a timely basis; proofs contents; responsible for assisting with design and layout with vendor.
- Establishes and creates print materials for club, including new member and prospective member promotional pieces, menus, and in-house signage.
- Works with department heads to maintain and update website content.
- Maintains and promotes club’s website and mobile app content and usage for members and staff.
- Supervise Communications & Member Services Supervisor and Member Services Staff: complete staff work schedules, provide training, counseling and overall support as needed. • Attends management and staff meetings.
- Effectively responds to member comments in accordance with club standards, policies and rules; uses ideas, feedback and suggestions to continuously improve the services provided to members.
- Develops and adheres to departmental budget; monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to help assure budget goals are attained.
- Serves as manager on duty as scheduled.
- Serves on applicable club committees.
- Responsible for documents for Board of Governors meetings and assist with communication for Board and Executive Committee Meetings.
- Creates club surveys.
- Coordinates sale of Miami Dolphins Season Tickets, takes reservations, arranges bus transportation to games.
- Provides administrative support to General Manager.
- Completes other appropriate assignments made by the General Manager.
- Maintains club’s member bulletin boards.
- Orders, receives and maintains Yacht Shop Inventory.
- Position requires a flexible work schedule including some evenings, weekends, and holidays with a work week of forty (40) hours plus per week.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with supervisory and administrative staff, employees, guests and the general public.
- Proficient with English grammar and news-style writing, feature writing, copywriting, proofreading and editing.
- Responsible for all membership communication.
- Excellent oral, written, and personal communication skills required.
- Excellent project and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Direct and oversee Membership Department
- Emphasis on strong financial acumen and control of budget.
- Experience with graphics software to include experience with In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Excel and database programs.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hospitality or Resort Management, Communications, Public Relations or related major preferred.
- A minimum of two years of customer service experience required.
- Three (3) years of work experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Five years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Website content management experience required.
Interested candidates should submit a Resume and detailed cover letter to Dawn Dierkes, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, HR Director, at email@example.com describing their alignment with the qualifications outlined in this profile and the reason for their interest in the Membership and Communications Director position.
Posted By PCMA Admin,
Thursday, December 26, 2019
| Comments (0)
Kenwood Golf & Country Club
Maintain new and existing members and manage all communication and marketing efforts in a private country club grossing $10 million in revenue annually to ensure membership is growing and the standards of Kenwood Golf & Country Club are consistently met.
- Develop membership marketing plans and execute under the direction of the General Manager and President of Kenwood.
- Lead prospective members through the membership process from first inquiry through private tour(s) and orientation into membership, culminating in quarterly New Member Reception.
- Design and publish ten newsletters per year detailing upcoming events and important Club information.
- Two versions: 4-8 page hard copy mailed to all members and 20+ page digital copy emailed to all members
- Plan and oversee all planned social sales activities – such as promotional receptions, new member parties, and orientation sessions.
- Assist with the promotion of Club activities & special events through designing event flyers and circulating event information to the necessary members.
- Ensure prompt and regular communication with all members regarding membership matters and Club activities.
- Follow up with all inquiries regarding and process all new member applications, member status change requests, and member resignations.
- Ensure that the following administrative and promotional tools are always updated and integrated into the overall sales effort:
- Membership Application
- Membership Welcome Packet
- Club Website
- Monthly Newsletter
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the Club Manager, Front Desk Staff, and Catering Team; and assist other department heads as necessary.
- Compile all necessary documents for monthly Board of Governors meetings and assist with all communication within Board and Executive Committee.
- Understand the Club’s brand and promote the brand in all forms of communication.
- Manage the Club’s social media presence, messaging and brand strategy across all social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Take ownership of the Club’s website; providing continual updates of the public and private content for the benefit of our existing and perspective members.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior project and time management skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and service oriented. Is responsive and has ability to foster relationships. Enjoys working with different personalities and can adapt/accommodate to others’ working styles to achieve the desired goals and objectives.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be technologically proficient with strong internet and social media marketing skills.
- Proficient in programs such as Microsoft Office, Clubessential, and various Club Software Programs.
- Basic graphic design skills; understanding of graphics programs (like Adobe InDesign) preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, communications or hospitality management preferred.
- 2-5 years related experience. Previous country club, membership organization or golf industry experience would be viewed positively.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full time, year round, salaried position
- Starting salary of $50-55K per year with year-end performance-based bonus
- Medical, Health, dental, basic life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Vacation and Paid time off
- Employee meals
- Continuing Education
To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
Mr. Bill Worrell
Kenwood Golf & Country Club
5601 River Road
Bethesda, MD 20816