To inquire about posting an open position to the career board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 760.835.9884 x702.
For assistance in structuring a new position or compensation package, we invite you to connect with our Career Development team by emailing email@example.com or calling 760.835.9884 x700.
Posted By PCMA Admin,
Saturday, June 6, 2020
| Comments (0)
Membership Sales Director
Tamarisk Country Club
Rancho Mirage, CA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: General Manager
Develops and directs all club membership sales and promotional campaigns and follows through with all membership sales and sales approval processes. Ensures accuracy of file systems and accounting procedures relating to membership and marketing and coordinates new member introductions into the club.
- Develops and leads a strategic membership development program that is proactive and designed to increase total membership count and membership dues revenue.
- Leads all development and implementation of membership promotional campaigns designed to generate membership sales.
- Follows up in a timely manner with all leads and membership inquiries.
- Actively participates in sales presentations, property tours, and prospect meetings.
- Coordinates all informational memos, orientations and club function invites relating to new members.
- Prepares, implements, and compiles data for various reports such as annual sales plan, monthly sales report, annual goals, annual sales and advertising and marketing budgets, reoccurring forecasts, etc.
- Develops rates, group ceilings, and deployment strategies through review of competitive data, market demand analysis, and mix (tactic) management.
- Develops and ensures proper maintenance of an accurate member contact management system including call records, database and activity management.
- Maintains up-to-date membership records on all members.
- Prepares monthly membership reports for the General Manager, Membership Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assists in coordination of all club events to include invitations, mailings and other publicity to drive Member engagement.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with current members to encourage participation in club events and maintains a high level of member satisfaction.
- Effectively communicates with management staff and employees to increase knowledge of membership goals, membership satisfaction, membership retention, and membership activities.
- Networks with community partners including, but not limited to: Chamber of Commerce, local tourism councils, local clubs, local corporate executives, business leaders, and media contacts.
- Prepares monthly newsletter for members from input given by each department.
- Works with the Membership and Marketing Committees regarding all matters that affect club membership.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining all membership material including information packets, promotional items, e-blasts and club website content.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining staff; addressing complaints and resolving problems for membership staff.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Membership Coordinator and Marketing Coordinator.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new employee in the Membership and Marketing departments.
- Develops ongoing training programs where necessary.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses for the membership and marketing departments.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required including some weekends and evening member events.
A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration or related experience equivalent of four years; or equivalent combination of education and experience in related fields.
Frequently sits, talks, hears; uses hands. Regularly walks and stands. Occasionally reaches with hands and arms, stoops, kneels, crawls and crouches. Occasionally lifts up to 25 pounds.
Noise level is moderate. Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
Valid Driver’s License
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the staff are required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates use are in English).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Human Resources Manager
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. By signing this job description, employee acknowledges they have read and received a copy of the job description.
Posted By PCMA Admin,
Tuesday, April 28, 2020
| Comments (0)
Membership & Communications Director
Highland Country Club
Highland Country Club is a private, members’ only club located just outside the historic district of Fayetteville, North Carolina in the world-renowned Sandhills Golf region. Members come to the club to relish in the best southern hospitality in the area. Highland offers a traditional atmosphere but modern amenities including golf, tennis, aquatics, private dining, and a year round social calendar.
Walker Bender, Richard Player and Vardell Williams founded Highland Country Club in 1945 to promote social recreation among its members, their families and guests. Many decades later, Highland continues to uphold their legacy to promote southern customs and traditions for current and upcoming generations.
Develop and implement programs, projects and activities designed to increase and retain membership in the club. Represent the club in its relationships with numerous external constituencies. Coordinate the development and production of the club’s newsletter, press releases and other internal and external written communications.
- Maintains the club’s member database (Jonas).
- Develops and ensures established procedures for processing prospective members’ applications are consistently followed.
- Plans and implements strategies to meet club membership goals.
- Processes all requests for membership.
- Assist prospective members in fulfilling application requirements.
- Responsible for the membership process including membership development, inquiries, prospective member tours, and on-boarding of new members.
- Works with sponsors thru application process. Maintains confidentiality of all member information. Oversees completion of Membership folder and communicates concerns and shortcomings to General Manager and Membership Committee.
- Promotes club activities using table tents, newsletters, direct mail flyers, notices on club website, social media platforms and other means.
- Coordinates with the General Manager on the updating of the club’s master calendar.
- Maintains online member directory.
- Holds prospective member functions.
- Calls and requests active members to make personal referrals and to assist with recruitment efforts.
- Processes member resignations; develops reports and undertakes special projects as applicable if membership retention problems arise.
- Determines markets to be canvassed for qualified individuals and completes and maintains perpetual member invitee roster.
- Assesses need for and makes recommendation regarding membership classifications to help ensure that the needs of ever-changing markets are met.
- Personally meets each club member and instills confidence that the club is operating in the best interests of the membership.
- Serves on applicable club committees to assure members’ interests are consistently addressed.
- Follows-up on telemarketing efforts, member referrals, leads from staff, catering contracts, newspaper articles, lists, publications, etc.
- Organizes production of membership kits for sales calls, “blitzes” and direct mail activities.
- Researches the need for ongoing sales promotions regarding demographics, market segmentation data, etc.
- Provides sales and other applicable training for staff members.
- Tracks the success and overall performance of all membership activities.
- Coordinates with the General Manager in development of social activities and social calendar for the club.
- Maintains a file of club history information.
- Coordinates all club public relations efforts, member’s newsletters, news and media events, use of social media, and club promotional materials.
- Conducts club annual survey on membership dues, equity, practices and fees.
- Effectively responds to member comments in accordance with club standards, policies and rules; uses ideas, feedback and suggestions to continuously improve the services provided to members.
- Develops and adheres to departmental budget; after approval, monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are attained.
- Reports approved new members to Controller to initiate proper administration of their memberships; ensures applications are completely and properly filled out, initiation fees are collected, and that new members understand privileges and costs of becoming a member.
- Develop schedule for Board of Directors and Committee Meetings, create and distribute monthly agendas for meetings, ensure proper setup of meeting rooms, attend and type meeting minutes.
- Maintains club’s member bulletin boards.
- Serves as manager on duty as scheduled.
- Takes photographs of members and club officers at social events.
- Surveys other clubs for information useful in setting and revising club membership policies (Private Club Marketing Association).
- Oversees administration of membership rules and regulations to ensure consistency in interpretation and application; updates club rules and regulations and keeps members informed of changes.
- Responsible for all correspondence to members regarding rules infractions.
- Manages suspension list and handles communication with dissatisfied members.
- Maintains a presence during club operating hours and events to assist in meeting and greeting members and guests.
- Responsible for participation in member events and assisting front desk as needed with event check in.
- Coordinates writers, editors and others who assist with the club’s newsletter.
- Writes, composes or edits all club newsletter articles; collects, organizes and submits all copy for production on a timely basis; proofs contents for corrections; responsible for design and layout of page format and cover design.
- Establishes and creates print materials for all aspects of the club, including new member and prospective member promotional pieces, menus, athletic tournament entries and in-house signage.
- Supervises development of the club’s internal communications program.
- Develops and coordinates the club’s publicity efforts.
- Creates, distributes and tallies member surveys.
- Creates flyers, signs and promotional materials for displays and mailings.
- Works with department heads to maintain and update website content.
- Responsible for the updates and accuracy of the calendar of events and e-mail blasts to members.
- Develops e-mail campaigns and mailings with guidance from the General Manager, other Department Heads and Committee Chairs.
- Attends management and staff meetings.
- Manages the Club’s social media presence, messaging and brand strategy for all social platforms.
- Assists General Manager in recognizing member “life events”, orders flowers and prepares cards and memorial donations as appropriate and requested.
- Provides administrative support to General Manager.
- Completes other appropriate assignments made by the General Manager.
- Position requires a flexible work schedule including some evenings, weekends, and holidays with a work week of forty (40) hours plus per week.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with supervisory and administrative staff, employees, guests and the general public.
- Proficient with English grammar and news-style writing, feature writing, copywriting, proofreading and editing.
- Responsible for all membership communication.
- Excellent oral, written, and personal communication skills required.
- Excellent project and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Emphasis on strong financial acumen and control of budget.
- Experience with graphics software to include experience with In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Excel and database programs.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
Educations and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hospitality or Resort Management, Communications, Public Relations or related major preferred.
- A minimum of two years of customer service experience required.
- Three (3) years of work experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- Five years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Website content management experience required.
Interested candidates should submit a Resume and detailed cover letter to Edward Simpkins, CCM, CCE, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org describing their alignment with the qualifications outlined in this profile and the reason for their interest in the Membership and Communications Director position.