This week during our Membership & Marketing Mastermind sessions, some of the member programming conversation naturally landed on the upcoming holidays of Cinco de Mayo and Mother's Day. These weekly video calls have been awesome to say the least. The membership/marketing professionals who have participated and shared their ideas are truly making the very best of these trying times through creativity and commitment to their private club members and teams.
Below are a few of my favorite Mother's Day celebration ideas from our conversation for you to consider as you brainstorm what adjusted plans at your club might entail...
- The team at The Amelia Island Club is taking Mother's Day brunch to-go one step further, pairing the meal with a stay-at-home spa package for mom! Their spa package is set to include bath bombs, a small sachet of lavender, a sugar scrub, a small bottle of champagne and a mask. All items aside from the champagne and masks are from small local businesses on Amelia Island. What a thoughtful and easy-to-achieve way to surprise mom and make her feel special, all while supporting the local community.
- The team at Woodbridge Golf & Country Club is offering complimentary front porch family pictures. Their membership and marketing director, Kristine Roberson, will be taking the photos, resulting in a special keepsake documenting Mother's Day under a stay-at-home order.
- The team at Valhalla Golf Club came up with the idea of preparing a family picnic basket. Their pro shop stocks a club-specific blanket making for the perfect staple item within the package. Their current circumstances may not allow them to bring their picnic package to fruition, but it's too good of a thought not to share!
Post Update....Some additional ideas that have been shared in other conversations leading up to Mother's Day follow if you are in need of some last minute inspiration!!!
- Columbine Country Club is featuring "Kids Boxes," inclusive of materials that children of members can use to make a special Mother's Day gift at home.
- Other clubs are planning to include sweet surprises for mom with their Mother's Day Brunch to-go such as a small flower arrangement, chocolates, a bottle of wine or champagne, etc.
- A twist on carry out brunch that we thought was interesting was featuring "Breakfast in Bed" boxes on the days leading up to Mother's Day for the spouse and kids to prepare for mom together.
- One club mentioned putting together a little video of the staff offering Mother's Day well wishes for their social media outlets.
- And finally, we loved the idea shared of a club working with their horticulturist to put together a planting kit for families to take home and put flowers, etc. in the ground or pots together!
Review our event calendar to register for an upcoming Membership & Marketing Mastermind call. Be sure to add yourself to the wait list if your preferred date is full. We will add additional sessions based on demand.